These release notes apply to the Photo Ephemeris Web beta site only (see also the production version release notes.) Please send feedback and observations via the Help button at the bottom right of the page.
Note: if you switch from the beta to production site, or vice versa, you will likely need to clear cached data in order for everything to load correctly (instructions). Avoid running multiple instances of the app in separate tabs - things will misbehave. You can open a Private or Incognito browser window if necessary to do this, or use two different browsers.
3.0.14 Sep 30 2022
- FIXES: error affecting some users on trying to change subscription plan
3.0.13 Sep 30 2022
- FIXES: resolves subscription status display issues for users with existing Skyfire subscriptions started on Android or iOS
- UPDATED: show Skyfire badge in map layer control for layers which require an active subscription or trial
3.0.12 Sep 29 2022
- UPDATED: simplified subscription options and purchase page. UI refinements.
3.0.10 Jul 8 2022
- NEW: Skyfire+ is now available in Photo Ephemeris Web. 3.0 is an initial public beta release.
- You can enable Skyfire forecasts in the Default maps using the new Skyfire map layer control towards the top left of the map.
- Tutorial here: Using Photo Ephemeris Web, Part 11: Skyfire (BETA)
- Read about subscription options here: Skyfire Subscription Options
- If you already have a Skyfire subscription, you will be able to sign in using your normal account to access Skyfire features in Photo Ephemeris Web.
- You may subscribe to Skyfire+ within the web app or upgrade your existing Pro subscription. See the Subscribe page for details. Free trials and introductory pricing are available. (Note: basic Skyfire subscription are not offered via the web app at this time.)
- Non-subscribers can view a coverage map and a sample forecast
- You may redeem a free 7 day trial of Skyfire+ from the subscribe page. If you would like to continue to access Skyfire+ after that, please choose a suitable subscription plan. Existing PRO subscribers may choose 'Manage Subscription', then 'Change Plan' to switch to a combined PRO & Skyfire Plus subscriptionSkyfire forecasts are not currently available when using Google Maps
- In the Locations page, you may mark a saved location as a favorite by clicking the star icon (see 2.10.1 release notes below for details). You can view Skyfire forecasts for favorite locations by selecting a forecast type and then sunrise or sunset from the controls at the top of the Locations page.
- For North America, we have four new forecast maps available: 1) HRRR (High Resolution Rapid Refresh), 2) North America Mesoscale (NAM), 3) National Blend of Models (NBM) and 4) Skyfire Ensemble Confidence. Each is available for today and tomorrow only for Skyfire+ subscribers. The first three are individual weather models that Skyfire uses to create the Skyfire Ensemble forecast (the default model available with a basic Skyfire subscription). The Ensemble Confidence map shows the level of agreement between the three constituent forecasts: where they all agree, confidence is high (white); where they disagree, confidence is lower (dark grey)
- NEW: the app will automatically locate to your approximate location, as detected from your IP address, (unless (i) you open the app from a link with a specific location included; (ii) you have a default location set; or (iii) you have a location stored in your browser from a previous session)
- FIX: address search results no longer sometimes display coordinates 0.0, 0.0