TPE includes the ability to share a shot plan easily from the Map screen, as well as complete a number of different app specific actions. These are discussed on this page.
The Share/Action 'sheet' is accessed by tapping the button at the top right of the map page as shown:
The share sheet is divided into three sections:
Both Sharing and Actions rows are scrollable - swipe left to reveal additional options.
Airdrop is a special case of sharing. It allows you to send the current shot plan to another nearby device. It is often the most convenient mechanism to replicate a shot setup on another device. You can read more about it here: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204144.
The icons visible in the second row will vary depending on which apps you have installed on your device. The common element between them is that TPE will share a screenshot and a shortened link for your shot setup. You can click the link to open the shot on another device running TPE, or to open it in the TPE web app in your browser.
Available Actions include:
- Save Image: saves a screenshot to your camera roll
- Copy: copies a screenshot and link to the clipboard
- Print: prints a screenshot and link to a connected printer
- Open in TPE 3D: opens the current shot plan in The Photographer's Ephemeris 3D, if installed (demo)
- Open in PhotoTransit: opens the current shot plan in The Photographer's Transit, if installed
- Email shot: this creates an email populated with comprehensive shot details, useful for printing for offline use or for sharing with colleagues
- Add to calendar: adds an appointment to your device's calendar to remind of a shot plan. You can customize alarms and reminders before saving the shot
- Export Locations: exports your saved locations as KML file attached to an email. This is recommended for backing up your saved locations (in addition to using location synchronization)
- Show in Apple Maps: shows the current primary (red) pin location in the Apple Maps app
- Show in Google Maps (only shown if Google Maps app is installed): shows the current primary pin location in the Google Maps app
- More: tap to reorder available Actions, and to enable/disable optional items